Naming Terms and Conditions
- By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions
- The process for the naming of the four new bridges is operated and managed by Connswater Community Greenway via nominated Naming Panel Representatives (“we”)
- The 6 section naming process is set out in two stages
- Stage 1 - Public Submissions is open to members of the public who will be able to submit suggested name(s) commencing from Monday 4th April to Friday 28th April at midnight. Submissions received after this period will not be counted
- Stage 2 - The top entries will be chosen and agreed by the Naming Panel against criteria set in line with Belfast City Council guidelines. The Public Vote will commence from Monday 8th May to Monday 22nd May 2017, midnight.
- Only one submission per person is permitted. An Organisation can submit one corporate entry, which must be authorised by the director executive of the organisation entered.
- In Stage 2 - only one vote is allowed per person and we reserve the right to reject votes if we reasonably believe multiple votes have been submitted by the same person
- The Public Submissions process and Voting process is open to persons of any age
- During the Public Submissions process, we will collect minimal personal details (such as your name, email address or telephone number, postcode) in order to support verification of entries, to build data about the submissions and to avoid unsolicited emails
- All personal details collected by us will be retained and managed by us at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The data will be used only for the purposes of this naming process and participant’s email address will be added to the Connswater Community Greenway mailing list which they are free to remove themselves from at any time
- Your personal details will not be published or supplied to any other third party other than approved sub-contractors involved in the process. Where any aspect of the process (i.e. processing votes, web hosting and data storage) is subcontracted to a third party supplier, such subcontractor is required to adhere to the principles contained in the Data Protection Act 1998 and to process the data only under the instruction of the Connswater Community Greenway
- You can vote by any of the methods set out in these terms and conditions
- We cannot accept any responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed submissions or votes
- We shall ensure that the voting process is carried out fairly, however please note that our decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- By submitting a name you are subject to these Terms and Conditions, you agree and accept that you have no rights and you will not acquire any rights, in or to the winning name(s). No competition prize, fee or payment will be awarded
- The six sections to be named are: the new bridge at Connswater Shopping Centre & Retail Park, the new play park at Flora Street Walkwak, the link from Ladas Way to Castlereagh Road, the play park at Loop River Park, the link from Ladas Drive to Montgomery Road and the new bridge at Alexander Road
- Our bridges that are due to be named are situated in the Dixon Park, Abetta Parade and Flora Street Walkway of the Connswater Community Greenway. The section of the Connswater Community Greenway from Beersbridge Road to Grand Parade including the Hollow is due to be open to the public on 22nd October. The Flora Street Walkway section of the Greenway is due to open by March 2017.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or issue further terms and conditions at any time. Any amended or updated version of these terms and conditions will be posted here.
Submitting your name suggestion(s) online
- If you submit your Bridge Name entry online, you must provide a valid email address, your individual/organisation name, the name entry and the reason why you chose this name (less than 100 words)
- Name submission forms are limited to one per person/organisation. If there is evidence that you have entered more than once all your submissions will be discarded
Submitting your name suggestion(s) offline
- Only completed official submission forms will be considered as valid entries
- Submission forms are available from the EastSide Partnership Office, 278 – 280 Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 1HE (Open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, closed lunch 1pm – 2pm) the Eurospar on Ladas Drive and also Avoniel Leisure Centre (Open Monday – Friday 7.15am to 10pm and Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm).
- You can also submit your submission form by post to EastSide Partnership, 278 – 280 Newtownards Road, BT4 1HE. If submitting your submission form by post you must provide the correct postage. We will not be held responsible for entries not received due to postal issues
- Submission forms must be received by Friday 28th April 2017. Submissions received after this date will not be counted
The naming panel will use the following criteria to shortlist submissions for the final vote.
If the name honours a person or animal it must meet the following guidelines…
- They must have made a “significant cultural or financial contribution” to the life of the area / City / or made a significant positive contribution within the community where the structure is located.
- They have lived within the locality / District Electoral Area of the Park and Leisure facility
- If the person/animal is still alive have they made a significant cultural or financial contribution to the improvement / development of the park or facility?
- If the nominee is deceased then appropriate relatives or friends will be contacted asking if they approve of the request. If the relatives or friends do not approve, the naming process will not be pursued.
- Fictional characters may also be named but must be appropriate and relevant to the area of the structures and pathway
If the name relates to a specific unique location
- The name should provide a sense of place, reflecting the geographic location, community, neighbourhood or street where the park, facility or amenity is located.
- The name should reflect the historical or cultural significance of the area or reflects unique characteristics of the site (unique flora / fauna).
General naming guidelines
- The name should be supportive of the values of the Connswater Community Greenway and its funders including; Living Landmark, Legacy, Inspiring, Shared Space, Improve Living Environment, Educational, Tourist Potential)
- Names which memorialise/honour a person/animal and have a theme of religious, political or sectarian values/connotations will not be accepted
- The public vote will open to the public from Monday 8th May 2017 to Monday 22nd May 2017, midnight.
- In Stage 2 - only one vote per person and we reserve the right to reject votes if we reasonably believe multiple votes have been submitted by the same person
- People can vote either:
-Online at www.connswatergreenway.co.uk/Vote
- Offline at EastSide Partnership Offices (278 – 280 Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 1HE) or at Avoniel Leisure Centre (Avoniel Road, Belfast, BT5 4SF)
Ratification by Belfast City Council
- After the voting has closed and the top names have been announced please note that they are subject to ratification by Belfast City Council so will not be official until ratified
- We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering
- We accept no responsibility for submissions lost due to computer or post error in transit